Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More Preparation for the Voyage

As mentioned prior there is a number of details before I shove off.  One that has been somewhat ironed out was the tech package.  Last post with Mary Linkevich was the result.  Another part of my tech package is the use of a SPOT locator.  This is a satellite messenger that will provide my location on a google map.  Because it works off of satellites it is a reliable tool for remote locations.  So, even when I cannot receive a cell phone signal for BLOGGING this will send out my whereabouts and post my movements.  I want to thank Educator Denise Peters for getting this up and operating!

This brings attention to all the folks assisting with this voyage.  I am far from doing this alone.  There are many who are a part of this trek.  I want to thank everyone for their support.  It is very inspirational and guarantees success!  Thank you all!!!

On to another part of the preparation.


Welome to the workshop, Schaumboch's Tavern
The drawing board
Another person that has been donating an enormous amount of time has been a very special friend, Judith Kohn.  I had identified a need for a spray deck cover for my canoe, especially on the larger water of the Delaware River and Bay.  Custom deck covers carry a significant expense.  So, Judith, as talented as she is beautiful, is constructing one from some old tents I have collected over the years.   This is absolutely amazing to me!  She just started one afternoon by throwing some material over the canoe, and poof, look at this progress.    
preliminary layout

first work space, backporch

then it moved into the living room

Well, the whole house is now expedition headquarters

During the creation of this serious piece of artistic perfection, I needed to test it out.

Rough seas ahead, it is not as easy as it looks, paddling while on top of a couch


More preparation to come!
JOIN THE JOURNEY!
Todd Bauman



No comments: